Hoping this blog will help you guys if you receive the same error I encountered today whilst configuring the Tridion 2013 SP1 deployer as a .Net application.
I received the following error when hitting httpupload.aspx after configuring the Tridion 2013 SP1 deployer as a website in IIS
‘Could not load type ‘System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule’ from assembly ‘ System.ServiceModel, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.’
This was caused by the order in which I’d done things.
I started with a clean Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 install so I took the following steps
- Installed the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2 (to suffice the prerequisites outlined in the installation documentation)
- Opened the Server Manager and enabled WCF HTTP Activation in the features section.
Turns out this was the wrong order to do things as it updated the IIS Applicationhost.config file in the incorrect order, making it incompatible with version 4.5.2. All would have been fine if I’d completed the above the other way round
The fix was simple
- Open a CMD window
- Navigate to :
- %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 (32 bit)
- %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 (64 bit)
- Run the following command to re register the setting in IIS’s applicationconfig file
- aspnet_regiis.exe /iru
More info can be found on the Microsoft website: